Saturday, February 28, 2009

Laid Off

So on Friday at 9:15ish am I get called into the large conference room @ work. Its Gayle & Allen, the need to make some cutbacks I am one of them. Sad to say I knew it was coming, and I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of me. I am so much happier now than I have been in a while. I'm not horrible worried about money, I'll be getting unemployment, as well as Ryan's SSI will go up due to my lack of income. Also I had already received my federal return, and my job gave me a Severance package so I'm sort of rolling in money. So what does one do. Spend Spend Spend...well to a point, I am attempting to keep a sum of 2g in the bank, although i have made a few large purchase, IE new furniture today..these were things I'd already planned to buy, just not like this, so I don't feel bad doing it. I am just going to see where the Lord leads me to be. I have put in a few applications so far and also requested a couple of catalogs from some online college's. Yes I have a head on my shoulders, and I do use it from time to time. I'm going to enjoy myself & my son while I am home full time..I never really got to do that before so now I'm going to a bit of it..within reason. I think this will be a good thing in the end. God won't let me down, he hasn't yet, there are times I wonder what is thinking putting me through the things he has, but then I wouldn't be who I am today so I know it's all for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment